Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum

Go Back   Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum > Archive > Off Topic > Lounge

Lounge Off Topic discussion

Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #181
caveman
Registry Member

Viper Power: 505
caveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond repute

HAHAHAHA!!!! That's justice, right there! lol
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #182
caveman
Registry Member

Viper Power: 505
caveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond reputecaveman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
And the end result was???
The guy was fine and the Park Rangers decided not to site him.
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #183
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 5719
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

ANTELOPE ISLAND — If you've heard the phrase, "You mess with the bull, you get the horns," it also apparently applies to bison.

A man learned that lesson the hard way on Antelope Island Saturday.

Witnesses said it appeared the man provoked the beast, and it promptly rammed him into a fence.

"This person is very, very, very lucky that he wasn't killed," said assistant park manager John Sullivan.

Sullivan said the man seemed uninjured immediately after the ordeal, and "other than being a little dusty ... embarrassed and shell-shocked," he was "none the worse for wear."

Rangers said they didn't advise getting any closer than 35 to 40 yards to the creatures. KSL witnessed several sight-seers Wednesday taking photos from that distance.

Any closer, Sullivan said, and people can't outrun the bison.

"I think there's a misconception of what they really are," he said, "because ‘they're big, slow-moving, shaggy cows' — as people may interpret them to be."

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=24564347&nid...cid=featured-4
Old 03-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #184
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

I had captions I was going to put with the pictures and decided I better not
Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #185
Registry Member
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-0860
Viper Power: 1843
#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
I had captions I was going to put with the pictures and decided I better not
Bison tastes good.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #186
Riff
Registry Member

Viper Power: 550
Riff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond reputeRiff has a reputation beyond repute

I poted over at VOTW..its a freakin ghost town there compared to what I remember..
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #187
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

I stopped even looking over on the VOTW. Tony told me to go away and I have. Well, to be more accurate he said I needed to figure it out. I spent some time thinking about time, stress, productivity, fun, family, help, friends and a few other things.

I figured it out
Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #188
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Viper Power: 3385
Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
I stopped even looking over on the VOTW. Tony told me to go away and I have. Well, to be more accurate he said I needed to figure it out. I spent some time thinking about time, stress, productivity, fun, family, help, friends and a few other things.

I figured it out
One of my smarter kids.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #189
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Wifey is the Smart one, me? I do try hard
Old 03-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #190
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Well just completed a round the community trip. Things look to be on a bit of an up swing for a number of people and sites... May they continue the the path they have built
Old 03-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #191
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Didn't spend to much time looking around the Viper Community today.

Today was spent working on Registry Certificates, to in a small way, say Thank You. There are a lot of very good people and company's that have helped an continue to help what I do. Some of those just like to stay in the background helping where they can. Some are on the front lines . To all of them, Thank You

The Registry Certificates actually were a bit of a surprise even to me. it was kind of an odd ball thought that kinda took off. Now I need to get busy working on the other one for the Vipers. I have a few of those that need to get done. Really don't think the Viper Guys will be to interested based on what I've seen so far, but, what the hell.

Took a quick jaunt around the web, not much has changed really. Same people in the same places talking about the same things... except. The VCA, VTCoA and the Viper Garage seem to be very diversified in conversation. It's good to see people having fun, besides, that's what it's all about anyway. The Registry continues to grow in the number of hits. The number of bots seems to be about the same, but the number of people looking at linked items VIN based is improving, the word is getting better. Now this doesn't help in the post realm where Tim would like a few more people just having fun and not looking up data... and I agree.

Someday... it just might happen.. or .... not! I'm sure people would raise eyebrows if I said I didn't care, so I won't. Is what I will say, is it will no longer affect my day if there is a slow day. People are busy, They have family time and well, they have lots on their plate and this place should never be first on their list... I get it.

So on to more fun stuff. Been spending a little bit more time on new ventures. Getting the entrepreneur feeling back. I had more fun when I was doing my thing and the Viper Registry will never be the next thing, so books and programs are in the future, no, I'm not going to say what.

Well, I'll let you all get back to your evening.

Make it a Great Week
fknVj
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #192
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Going to be selfish and talk about the Registry some more

ran a two week test to see the differences in reach. It was surprising to see what I did and to learn even more. The general feeling of those that don't use message boards are all pretty similar. They don't like dealing with people that have no interest in there question. No I tried to get a little bit more information, even specifics, just couldn't swing those answers. The other thing I learned is lots of people like to quietly research and read, but don't want to be part of the group. The ones that would email me specifics were also pretty similar in thought, they have no use for a internet friends list.

I emailed back and forth to one guy who said he spend about 30 minutes a week scanning through the different threads just to see if there is something of interest for him. If not, he is off doing things that interest him. if there is something, he will read the thread and maybe do an additional search or two to see if there is other information on the subject.

I emailed back and forth with one guy that just hated the forum scene, and it was because of what he referred to as vulture vendors, he wouldn't tell me what site or what vendor. I hoping it was for the Mustang he owns and not the Viper Truck.

Anywho.....

I was trying to figure out what could be done to change their minds about forums, social media, etc..... I have come to the conclusion in may massive 2 week research project... that the answer is nothing. Short of people reading about GTG's and finding a reason to show up, not much.

I also learned that social media does have an interesting impact on the Registry. When I'm posting what I'm up to, I get more registrations and inquires of what I'm about, when I'm not posting, not much at all. The same is true there, I can see the reach, but no involvement and I think the above reasons also apply, just quietly reading what is good and ignoring the no interest stuff

it really is going to be an interesting year

Good Day
fknVj
Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #193
TheOl 55
Registry Contributer
2012 Viper Truck of The Month
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-1244
Viper Power: 2495
TheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond repute

And a fine Good Day to you.

---------Or
Rick Rick-------------------------------------------------
TheOl 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #194
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Viper Power: 3385
Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

What's this "friend" thing you refer to son?
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #195
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
What's this "friend" thing you refer to son?
I was referring to a guy that emails me once in awhile for information he see's on the boards. He just has no interest in making internet friends.... err... ok. I kinda wondered where that left me as he was emailing me.

Otherwise, has nothing to do with us who post here, we are already friends, why make some of it