Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum

Go Back   Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum > Archive > Off Topic > Lounge

Lounge Off Topic discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #151
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 5693
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #860 View Post
I think he loves them both,He just has not owned a Viper yet.
Yes I do, but there will be no Vipers in my future. I couldn't possibly bear losing another one. My heart just can't take it
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #152
Registry Member
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-0860
Viper Power: 1817
#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
Yes I do, but there will be no Vipers in my future. I couldn't possibly bear losing another one. My heart just can't take it
I hear you man,I'm sad because i can't afford to maintain mine like i should.
#860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #153
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #860 View Post
I hear you man,I'm sad because i can't afford to maintain mine like i should.

To me that would be just as maddening, but i would still hold on for dear life
Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #154
Registry Member
Viper Truck Owner

#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute#860 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
To me that would be just as maddening, but i would still hold on for dear life
I'm trying.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #155
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

I know
Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #156
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Well, todays news....

none that I know off, the exodus from the VCA continues, as the current administration continues to .... well, we don't know really.

I continue to gather 2013 VIN's, lunch has become a treasure hunt. The exact number found, well, that is a closely guarded secret.

Continuing to move data from the Wiki, looks like its going to take just a little longer, but most of the important stuff is here. Trying to decide how exactly to present the Production totals for both the Viper and Viper truck or to just keep it in an offline location.

I still have a number of Viper TSB's to post, that will come in time. We don't have to many Viper guys here so I don't feel compelled to complete the list.

In fact, to be perfectly honest here, I don't feel compelled to finish any part of the Viper side of the registry. After asking numerous people in the viper world their opinion it's about 50/50. More than likely I work on a few specific area's off line to fill in some blanks. Work on build dates and colors and not spend as much time loading up data for people to research.

The trucks on the other hand, there is a push to finish the build dates, then there will be a push to complete the build numbers for all the trucks that are registered.

This weekend I should be able to get out all the Registry Certificates. Working on a few layouts that will work with all trucks and the embossing stamp. So I will need to move the truck up about 3 inches and then decide if I want to keep the landscape layout or change it to portrait which will without question make it easier.

I know there is a 1000 things I'm forgetting, but maybe I'll remember for the next post

Good-Day
fknVj
Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #157
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Today, it's all about the Registry.......

The build dates for all three years of the Viper Truck to include pre production RAM SRT-10's are now on the calendar. I've decided not to do a Viper Build Date Calendar, just to much of a hassle. Guess I might need to do those a different way. But then again, I bet I have a good year or so before I have all the build dates so I have plenty of time to decide my path.

Have also decided what I'm going to work on next now that I'm holding off on the Vipers. Going to put up all the build numbers that I know for 2004. For 2005 & 2006 probably a 1000 or so to get things started. I see no sense in putting them all up for obvious reasons.

Because it snowed a good 2 inches again today, my plans for outside fun has moved inside. I'm going to work on my DB a bit and make some updates to the programming to help me track and post interesting facts

Registry Certificates......
They are in work this weekend also. Working on a standard template to include a place for the embossing. The ones I had previously done... well... didn't account for that process. So I'll post up some examples that I do (Maybe)

Anyway, back at it

Y'all have fun, I'll be workin

fknVj
Old 03-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #158
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Today is also all about the Registry... sorry peekers, I have nothing to say for you to pass on today.

Yesterday was a very good day. Spent the day working on build numbers and posting up what I have collected over the past 6 years. It's crazy that after almost 10 years the list of know build numbers is so small. I fear the day that access is lost forever. So if you have a 2004 model year, now is the time to get your build numbers, waiting at this point may lead to getting nothing at all.

The plan was to finish off the 2004's pictures today, but in watching the online status it occurs to me that I should just work on the numbers. Activity is weak so it helps make my choices for me. I have in mind the area's I really need to finish, so those will continue to come first. I would like to get uploaded more pictures, but it is very time consuming.

So, I'm going to double check the 2004's which won't take to long then to work on the 2005 build numbers. Registered ones will be first, found ones will be second. The RAM SRT-10's I'm still looking for will remain secret for now, if no one is looking for those, no sense in spending time on them

As usual, the 2006's will be last, why, cuz they just haven't had to wait as long

But first, almost forgot, there will be some program changes in the DB and that could take...... as long as I want

Y'all have a great day and sometime during the week, I'll do another view around the Viper Community. This should be fun

Good-Day
fknVj
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #159
TheOl 55
Registry Contributer
2012 Viper Truck of The Month
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-1244
Viper Power: 2469
TheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond repute

An Good day to you also!!

---------Or
Rick Rick-------------------------------------------------
TheOl 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #160
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Thank You and it has been. I just can't believe what I've got done in the last two days.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #161
TheOl 55
Registry Contributer
2012 Viper Truck of The Month
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-1244
Viper Power: 2469
TheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond repute

You are the Driven One............

---------Or
Rick Rick-------------------------------------------------
TheOl 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #162
BIG ASP
Registry Member
Viper Owner

Viper Power: 465
BIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished roadBIG ASP is on a distinguished road

Yes he is and I would rather be driving. Just too much crap on the roads, salt, sand broken body parts.

Jeff. you got anything for me this week
BIG ASP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #163
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ASP View Post
Yes he is and I would rather be driving. Just too much crap on the roads, salt, sand broken body parts.

Jeff. you got anything for me this week
Nope, you can retire now, appreciate the extra fingers during your lunch, but not sure if I will have anything you can reference and enter like I did with the build dates, everything else is on my computer at home. i was going to have you move some of the pictures on the build dates, but I'm going to hold off.

To you other question you had on the VCA, CE, NR and YF. No, I really don't plan on having sub forums for those (typing this so others know, I know you know). I just don't see how they will be of value at this point in time. If I did, I would not be doing the NR as I never finished the breakout on those even though I'm pretty sure I know which ones they are by the VIN sequence.

Again, thanks, I'll be up on your floor later this week, I need to go over some registry certificate stuff with you and get your opinion
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #164
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

It's Official.....

My blood no longer runs Viper Red. As I read through the different forums (well not all of them) I find myself not caring at all. I have answers to questions and just don't post them. Is it because people whine over how a stupid contest works or is it because some one is selling an absolutely stellar SRT-10 and getting noting but low bawlers (bawlers is spelt that way on purpose. It could also be the stupidity I see on some of the Viper sites.

Is what is encouraging is the number of GTG's. They seem to be more and more plentiful and invites are crossing boarders and if luck is in the wind, maybe the Viper and the Viper Truck can have a GTG without rules and loyalty to a corrupt process getting in the way.

Be that as it may, when I look out at the comments made, I sometime wonder if I'm back in high school. I went to post a few things today. Got as far as hitting post when I reread the contribution and wondered, is there anyone out there that will read it. I know it's the air going out of the balloon from a completely outstanding day to go back, look at the progress and really wonder who really cares. This is more of a ramble than anything. , no and it's not a white flag.

Well, just stopped and re read what I'd typed so far, man, what a mess. How did all this happen and I don't even care to fix it.

On a brighter note, the build numbers are coming along and it's been kind of fun to see a bunch of trucks I haven't seen in a long time. As members, some of them are long gone, some passed away and some, just disappeared as quickly and abruptly as they showed up. Was over on the SRT10Forum looking up a little history from 2005 just to make sure I remembered it right. What I saw almost made me laugh. Photobucket (and/or user) has deleted the vast majority of the pictures that were posted. Vast amounts of cool history just gone in the blink of an eye. I see some of the old names that were held in high regard and the amount of respect given, the cheap shots taken and just general BS and that just doesn't exist any longer.

It's amazing the amount of bad blood there is, I mean ...... really, bad blood.

So why no longer feeling that Viper Blood coursing through my veins, maybe I just don't know, just not feeling it like I used to. I'm going to toss myself a big ole party when I enter the last item for the trucks. The search over, the only thing left to do is provide links when necessary. The Viper guys, sorry, may never happen

Well, I'll let y'all get back to your dinners, I'm going to take a nap

fcknVj
Old 03-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #165
Registry Member
Viper Truck Owner

Nothing like a good nap to ease the mind.