Lounge Off Topic discussion

Old 11-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
Wifey
Super Moderator
2012 Viper Truck of The Month
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-0997
Viper Power: 3696
Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling all Prayer Warriors

We are asking for prayer warriors. Our son was in a motorcycle accident on the 18th. He has been in hospital since.

Fractured/shattered hip (femoral neck). Titanium rod up the femur with several large gross looking rods at an angle across the neck of the femur. That surgery was on the 18th they are watching it

Fractured/shattered arm at the wrist area. Plates, pins and wires. That surgery was on the 21st but seems to have caused no feeling to the fingers, They went back in today and worked on it again hoping that will do it.

From what we know a lady was turning left and forgot to look for motorcycles - Please, be extra cautious it just takes an extra second.

He has ridden most of his life and had the forethought to attempt leaving the bike (get up on the seat and jump) rather than sit there. He thinks it worked the best it could have

The hospital said 70 percent or more of the motorcycle accidents are fatal or cause brain damage and or paralysis. We are blessed this Thanksgiving that we fell into the 30% group!

Not sure when he will be released, it should be soon. He has a long way to go but he is blessed with a wonderful wife and in-laws who live nearby. They have all been a help beyond words since we aren't able to be there all the time. I have no idea how the recovery goes - I can't read to much on it, because some of it is to scary.

There is much power in prayer and prayers are welcome, we appreciate them very much!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 5693
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Prayer Warriors

God Bless... Prayers sent
Old 11-27-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Viper Power: 3359
Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

And you should have let us know sooner.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
Wifey
Super Moderator
Viper Truck Owner

Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for the prayers.

He's still in hospital, but is now getting into a wheelchair so things are coming along.

Prayers work, keep them coming!

Old 11-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #5
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

There's some good news
Old 11-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
VPRPWRD
Super Moderator-Registry Contributor
Viper Truck Owner

Viper Power: 1637
VPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond reputeVPRPWRD has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I am not much of a praying person, however my wife is and I will have her pray for your son.

My YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsMsFATkTJq3k-BM26PfAg

Follow me on Instagram: VPRPWRD

#1357 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!
#2718 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
#0851 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC SOLD!
VPRPWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
TheOl 55
Registry Contributer
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-1244
Viper Power: 2469
TheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond reputeTheOl 55 has a reputation beyond repute

Prayers Sent. Best wishes for a good recovery.

I always wonder what I would do as I have been riding for 50 years now and have well over 750k on two wheels. There have been lots of close calls but I have always gotten where I have been going in one piece. It gets worse ever day with cellphones and texting, people in such a rush always late for this or that, kids screaming couples fighting and arguing. I love it when I see people reading the paper or books. I have Loud Pips and an air horn for a reason.

---------Or
Rick Rick-------------------------------------------------
TheOl 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
Wifey
Super Moderator
Viper Truck Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPRPWRD View Post
I'm very sorry to hear about this. I am not much of a praying person, however my wife is and I will have her pray for your son.
thank you for the prayer request.

PS: I hope your birthday was great - LOL
Old 11-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
Wifey
Super Moderator
Viper Truck Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOl 55 View Post
Prayers Sent. Best wishes for a good recovery.

I always wonder what I would do as I have been riding for 50 years now and have well over 750k on two wheels. There have been lots of close calls but I have always gotten where I have been going in one piece. It gets worse ever day with cellphones and texting, people in such a rush always late for this or that, kids screaming couples fighting and arguing. I love it when I see people reading the paper or books. I have Loud Pips and an air horn for a reason.
I know, right? Not sure of what the other driver was doing or thinking - I believe she was pregnant and I hope they were all ok.

Our son was released last night and is resting at his family's with his wife.

Now it's a matter of time for healing and recovery. So sad to get so hurt doing what you so love. He always stuffs his backpack with lotsa trash bag boxes (or something like that) to help protect his back - maybe that paid off, too? He is lucky considering what could have been the outcome. And I doubt he could have been in a better hospital. UC Irvine Davis - I looked it up, wow.

Keep that paint up and that rubber down! 50 years - you must be ancient LOL

Thank you for your prayers
Old 11-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #10
Wifey
Super Moderator
Viper Truck Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

And you should have let us know sooner.
Thanks, Dad
Old 11-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
Wifey
Super Moderator
Viper Truck Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
God Bless... Prayers sent
thanks brother Jeffey. Keep em coming in between weaves Hugs to Cheryl for us please
Old 12-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #12
SrtBrad
Michel Productions

Viper Power: 1902
SrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond reputeSrtBrad has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw this. I'm glad he is back at home with family. How is he doing now? Prayers sent for a speedy FULL recovery!
Old 12-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #13
Wifey
Super Moderator
Viper Truck Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrtBrad View Post
Just saw this. I'm glad he is back at home with family. How is he doing now? Prayers sent for a speedy FULL recovery!
from what we know he is getting from his bed to his wheelchair to his commode now. We should know more this weekend.

for all you who ride, watch out for the yay-hoos!

and thank you for your prayers ...
Old 12-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #14
Wifey
Super Moderator
Viper Truck Owner

prayers still welcome - long, long road ahead
Old 12-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #15
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

prayers continue