Viper Registry / Viper Truck Registry

Go Back   Viper Registry / Viper Truck Registry > Requests > Site News

Site News Here you will find news about the forum and other related info.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #1
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 6150
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Default As the Viper Community Turns II

So with a new day, a new thread to follow the happenings with Viper Community happenings.

Kind of simple today. Without an agenda and playing the neutral ground, not sure where this will lead

Guess we find out

Over the weekend, we managed to get to 5 Active Members and no posts.... Sweet!!!!

Have to figure out a few things on the boards, appears some threads are misplaced, others gone (damn, did I delete them) and some others with links to places I’ve shuttered

Vj
Old 09-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #2
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: As the Viper Community Turns II

The plan....

Over the next few weeks I’ll get the production data re added to the site. This will NOT include the 2017 Viper data. I have it, just won’t post it as of this moment.

Have some other tid bits I’ll add here and there, nothing important, just fun things I’ve learned along the way
Old 09-19-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Ok, the Viper Truck production has been loaded up, start working on Vipers here soon.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:51 AM   #4
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Looks like I was correct.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #5
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Not much to add today. Will be working on a few breakdowns that I would like to add
Old 09-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #6
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

An additional comment for the day, the last seven days has answered a critical question for me.

I know there is no rush to complete any of this. I realize a lot of it I could just copy in from documents already created. I could probably add 10,000 documents in 30 days.

Instead, I will probably work on registered vehicles and redoing the banner

Also working on a minimum active to bring back the plaques and certificates. Then I laugh knowing if I said 10, I wouldn’t get there

Hey, racing is on, be back later
Old 09-25-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Progressing as expected.

The FB messages continue, however I don’t respond. Not sure how many more times I need to notify requests need to come through here.

I need a clear searchable source for data, FB is not that source. It’s aweful in every sense of the word and process.

Vj
Old 09-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #8
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Some 2004 registered Viper Trucks added
Old 09-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #9
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

I’m reminded that the years have been hard on forums and clubs. Not a member of a club myself, I understand that part. The low value of a forum is a bit more concerning. I have noticed more and more the repetitive questions on social medial with responses all over the spectrum. Even with the Registry, I would get tagged on posts that I could not comment on, then with answers that were just laughable.

In time, as social media will take that next step into some future method of making data even harder to find. Sure it’s easier, sure it’s faster. It will also be less intelligent and less useful for finding data.

Funny thing, I’m not asking for anything other than an understanding of sites that are not social media and their future value

I already know after years of this, my volume will always be at or near zero. I’m ok with that.

For the few that read this, I will always try to be as accurate as I can be. There are other people, other sites and other ways of learning this data. I just know, not all of them are accurate

Cheers, happy Wednesday
Vj
Old 09-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #10
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

I e been told, when you talk to yourself, the answers you get are more intelligent
Old 09-27-2018, 06:44 AM   #11
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Another bright day ahead, going to do some more work on equipment lists. Really surprises me how different a lot of these Vipers rolled off the line
Old 09-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #12
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Was asked if I know the build sequence for all years.

No

2004 Viper Trucks are still an issue

Most Viper years also no. Pretty sure I have the Gen V and most of the Gen IV.

The other years may never be completed (by me) as I lost my contact to learning the MDH. I know.... that sucks
Old 09-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #13
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
I’m reminded that the years have been hard on forums and clubs. Not a member of a club myself, I understand that part. The low value of a forum is a bit more concerning. I have noticed more and more the repetitive questions on social medial with responses all over the spectrum. Even with the Registry, I would get tagged on posts that I could not comment on, then with answers that were just laughable.

In time, as social media will take that next step into some future method of making data even harder to find. Sure it’s easier, sure it’s faster. It will also be less intelligent and less useful for finding data.

Funny thing, I’m not asking for anything other than an understanding of sites that are not social media and their future value

I already know after years of this, my volume will always be at or near zero. I’m ok with that.

For the few that read this, I will always try to be as accurate as I can be. There are other people, other sites and other ways of learning this data. I just know, not all of them are accurate

Cheers, happy Wednesday
Vj
Shit......

I just noticed someone else posted a similar post elsewhere

Disclaimer: I am not echoing or supporting the other post. It is independent and stands on its own merit.

With that said, some know that after a year or more of sitting idle I want to finish my work here, which will include over 43,000 vehicles. It will be an undertaking, an undertaking that will take a lot of time and yes thousands of posts. It would and can be more fun with participation, however, I know better..... as I said earlier.

Back to the compiling

Vj
Old 09-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #14
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

2008 Production totals added.

Probably do Gen IV and V first (with the exception of 2017 for obvious reasons). From there, I'll just start at 1992 and work my way up
Old 09-28-2018, 08:36 PM   #15
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

I lied.....

Gen I Production data added