Viper Registry / Viper Truck Registry

Go Back   Viper Registry / Viper Truck Registry > Requests > Site News

Site News Here you will find news about the forum and other related info.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #136
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 6154
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registry - Status Update

Today is Kira's (daughter) birthday....

Again, I will have more important things to do....

Caution... Delays imminent
Vj
Old 09-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #137
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I did get one 10 registered yesterday, so it wasn't a complete day off. I also got asked a question.

Is there a cost?

Very good question and should be covered again as it's been several years since this question has been asked. The Answer:

The Registry it's self is free and being part of it is completely a choice.
If you would like to purchase any of the few items we have, hopefully they are at a reasonable price
http://www.vipertruckregistry.com/VTR_Gear.html

Learning your build number (Viper Trucks).... again, a choice as I would need at least the last eight of the VIN to check my database. If It's a 2004, I still check with Dodge. Sorry Viper folks, there is no Official numbering system for the 30k Vipers out there unless you have one of the few numbered additions. By 2044 I should have all the build dates and might be able to give a best guess.

I have pondered requiring a Viper truck be registered before providing the build number, at this point, I'm not in favor of that thought. So there are no hidden hooks in trying to obtain data as I have what I have, the part I enjoy is putting a picture with a VIN. I just think it adds a great deal to the history.

Y'all have a wonderful day
Vj
Old 09-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #138
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Viper Power: 3686
Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Kira.

Be nice to your old dad. He's one fine gentlemen.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #139
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Thanks Dad....

I'm blessed with some pretty damn good kids.....
Old 09-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #140
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Before I add anything else, I'm looking to see how hard or if some additional BBCode can be added.... stay tuned
Old 09-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #141
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

I should say... before I add anymore build data, I'm looking for some additional abilities
Old 09-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #142
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

not much new, been working on some code that will help me post data in tables (if I can get the "Tables" BBCode up and running). Always working on a better way
Old 09-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #143
Wifey
Super Moderator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0997
Viper Power: 4255
Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday to Kira!!! Sorry my wish is belated,
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #144
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

OK, we finished our latest project today, so it's back to updating all the lists

Yee-Haaaaa!

I know, I say that a lot, but some of these new changes will be better (I hope)
Vj
Old 09-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #145
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Got quite a bit done today, not that anyone will venture over and look.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #146
Wifey
Super Moderator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0997
Viper Power: 4255
Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond reputeWifey has a reputation beyond repute

ya never know who lurks within
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #147
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

nothing surprises me these days
Old 09-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #148
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Working on all the new web pages that will contain the master lists for the data I've been collecting. using the message board just isn't the best way to display it. I looked into the BBCode and found some really good ways of displaying the data. is what I also found was a very good way to let hackers hack.....

So, I'm back to where I started years ago. I'm using web pages to display the individual sets of data. No more posting the data into threads. I mean seriously, no one comments anyway so I might as well put it in a format that is cleaner and it just sits there till some one needs the data. You will find when you follow the links a very limited clue of what the VIN might be (last 4 of the VIN). For earlier years, no big deal. For the later Gen IV's and Gen V's, with the different sequences you might see your last 4 listed more than once, so you better know a bit more about the Viper... like color!

Once I have all the pages built I will then work on the Menu to help locate what you need. As a temporary menu, I'm using a page here on the forum with the individual links. Sorry, no link here, as it's easily found. You will also notice that the only thing I have worked on is the Vipers. I will get to the trucks in time. I've created a process that builds the pages for me and then it's just copy past and FTP them to the web. I still need to build that process for the Viper trucks. It's not that the Vipers are more important, just the order it was done. This new program will let me update a page in less than 3 minutes, which is a plus.. for me, just being selfish here.

Probably won't add any pages today, will work on the programming to detail out some more data and work on the Viper truck side. Even though there is no timeline for the Viper Trucks, hopefully it will be in the mix sometime this week.

I wish you all well and have a great day
Vj
Old 09-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #149
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

2013 Viper master List has been updated with build information
Old 09-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #150
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Got a little bit more of the formatting done last night and cleaned up the Menu page for the links. Got rid of all the indents, they were causing double spacing. Just didn't like it.

But then again... who noticed?

going to be a busy day, make it a good one

Cheers
Vj