Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum

Go Back   Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum > Archive > Off Topic > NWS Topics

NWS Topics Not an anything goes, just not safe for work viewing

Old 07-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #31
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Viper Power: 3842
Django has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, it is MY posts that are incorrect, Jeff.

I apologize to you both.

I mistook the comments (from you both) as something meaningful (to you).

Had I been aware that your responses to Cher (merely) served to meet a desperate shortage of posts but were of little actual concern, I'da kept my fuckin' mouth shut.

Forgive my stupidity in presuming that you guys actually care about the issues you raise.

My mistake.

"A man's only as good as his word."

"Grow the fuck up and learn t' Love, for Christ's sake"

Tim
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #32
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 5694
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

I do care about the issue of bringing religious hatred into politics. It's kinda a pet peeeeeeeeeeve of mine and has been for years. I fail to understand why I should have to grow the fuck up when I have what I think is a legitimate concern.

I have every right to not like someone, not to go to there shows, not to buy there music and make my point as to why.

I don't expect, urge or even mandate that everyone see it my way. I think everyone has a choice to make up there own mind..... however....... Cher made her point public to the world.... and.... so did I

Lets get something straight, I am a fucking grown up and I act better than most people but not all. I have my faults and I make mistakes. I have opinions and I appreciate others opinions too.....

Last, that little smilie with the wink.....

It was meant as a joke... wink... wink....

If I would have been angry, I'm sure I could have found a smilie with a frown.... is that an oxymoron or what

Smile Tim and have an ice cold drink of your choice

Jeff <------ Smile, to denote I have a smile on my face
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #33
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Django has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond repute

You've shared your opinions and I've shared mine. Both are why we are here. If my remarks are excoriating, they're still just valid as anyone's. Or, are some more equal than others?

Object: Cheryl Sarkisian, an aging pop diva has gotten yer goat and that of others. Now, my remarks have also raised your hackles.

I can only observe that it's you who really needs to have a fkn cocktail and relax........

I've apologized several times.

What dy'a want from me?

d

Tim
Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #34
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 5694
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

a smile
Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #35
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
a smile

d

Tim
Old 07-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #36
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

If I may, I'd like to clear up something on the issue of religion.

Whether it is Cher or George Clooney or any other fuckin' wacko who thinks they know it all. When it comes to religion, everyone is wrong...... including Silent D. Yet, I'll rave on.

Religion is the organized gathering of a bunch'a folks who believe similarly about God. I repeat, they (we) are all wrong. Yet, each religion claims it's own exclusivity on the sublect as well as a position of preference by deity itself.

Thus, it becomes "their God" and (in most cases) the ONLY true God. I say "their God" due to the exclusivity of all religions. (or nearly all). Each one claims not only that their God is the One True God but that there's a penalty for being outside the clique and thus outside'a God's sphere of protection and blessing, too. This interpolates into eventual punishment for those outside this religious sphere of God's grace.

Everyone is full'a shit. Nobody knows God save for the picture they've painted of The Creator in their own minds. Yet, the world's religions continue to ostricize, condemn and even murder the opposition in God's Name. It's fuckin' insanity.

Until we (as humans) come together and rid ourselves of this murderous religious bigotry we are doomed to obliterate each other from the fucking Earth.

God is Love. And Love reigns Supreme. The results of following the God of Love are (quite simply) acts of love, goodness, kindness and charity. (read "goodness")

All religion has ever given us is the "me, me, me" bullshit and devisiveness that rules us today.

Religion is anithetical to pure Love. Thus religion is the Great Satan.

Yet, Love never fails.

Again, I apologize for any rancor that I've formented in my effort to draw attention to the Cher topic.

Senior citizens have a tendency to correct. My correction was obviously unwelcome.

I am sorry.

d

Tim
Old 07-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #37
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Viper Power: 3360
Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

Nope.

I believe in a god, but not an organized god. I think it's what's in one's heart, and how they treat others that really defines their believes. Not where they spend an hour on Sundays, or the day of their religious belief.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #38
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Nope.

I believe in a god, but not an organized god. I think it's what's in one's heart, and how they treat others that really defines their believes. Not where they spend an hour on Sundays, or the day of their religious belief.
I agreed with everything, John.

I just didn't understand what "Nope" meant.

Much love, bud.

d

Tim
Old 07-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #39
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

The everyone is wrong statement.

But then I went back and read it again and seen it was directed towards organized religions.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #40
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

All the religions think they have God's number. And that they're the only one's who do.

None of 'em do...

d

Tim
Old 07-05-2012, 02:16 AM   #41
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Yep, on that we agree Tim.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #42
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

I've been in church most'a my life. The best thing they do is to establish the Golden Rule.

But, when it comes to the True Spirit Life, the Church is Publisher's Clearing House.

Every time I've gone back to the church (any church) in the hopes that they've grown the fuck up, Last time I gave 'em 25 years before I walked out again.... disgusted that it's gotten even worse.

Sure, sometimes the music still beckons. God's a much better audience than a bunch'a fuckin' drunks. And I've put together some small families of good players in that environment that put out a product that was out'a this world.

The only problem was that it intimidated the preachers. They are (after all) the top act.

I'm not saying every preacher is a shit... There's some very good men out there, truly.

But..... Church is pretty much just a anymore...

d

Tim