Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum

Go Back   Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum > Archive > Off Topic > NWS Topics

NWS Topics Not an anything goes, just not safe for work viewing

Old 01-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #46
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Viper Power: 3373
Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

The original intent of the occupy movement was not bad, but they quickly lost focus. And now the leaders/spokespeople come across as illiterate at best, total fools at worst, so they will never gain any backing as they have no credibility.

My humble opinion mind you.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #47
SilvrSRT10
Registry Member
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-0020
Viper Power: 1261
SilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond reputeSilvrSRT10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
The original intent of the occupy movement was not bad, but they quickly lost focus. And now the leaders/spokespeople come across as illiterate at best, total fools at worst, so they will never gain any backing as they have no credibility.

Some say that they are backed by Obama or his kind. He/they are all for this "Fairness" stuff and that's what the Occupy people are pushing. I sometimes wonder if the interviewing reporter searches for the dumbest sounding person in the group or are they really ALL that way.
SilvrSRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #48
VIPR PWR
Registry Member
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-0035
Viper Power: 3010
VIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
Some say that they are backed by Obama or his kind. He/they are all for this "Fairness" stuff and that's what the Occupy people are pushing. I sometimes wonder if the interviewing reporter searches for the dumbest sounding person in the group or are they really ALL that way.
I vote yes they do !
Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #49
jelms
Sprinkles for ALL

Viper Power: 569
jelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is your view on the occupy movement? I'm sure what they want is far and wide. They don't seem to have a focus other than a chip on their shoulder concerning wealthy people or big business. I've heard interviews with them requesting ridiculous things. This video says that all they want is prosperity. I'm OK with that. But our current Government is going in the opposite direction from prosperity toward dependency. In that respect, I agree with them. Big business (money) controls the Government. If I had anything to do with it, I'd say no more lobbyist. If any congressman or senator was found to take a "gift" (payoff) from anyone, they would be terminated. Corporations can still make requests to congress via email or letter just like you and I can. But no more lunches, vacations, golf resorts. And....whatever laws congress passes, they have to abide by just like you and me. No more of this "Do as I say, not as I do" BS. No one is exempt.
The occupy movement is fine with me. People should be able to assemble and state their views. Unfortunately this "group" has never been able to clearly state their message. It's way to broad. I believe this movement is just an symptom of peoples frustration with the poor economics they find themselves in and find themselves helpless to change their situation. I don't believe the view that all these people have a chip on their shoulder and feel they are owed something by society. Maybe they are reacting to the fact that big business owns the government and they hold all the cards. Our leaders are owned by big money and right now there is very little the masses can do about it under the current environment.

Get the big money out of politics and make the leaders subject to the same rules they set for all of us. I have said this before and have seen it first hand when I worked as an IT person on the hill. That great dome constructed by the people has been taken over by corruption and money.

-jeff
Old 01-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #50
jelms
Sprinkles for ALL

jelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond reputejelms has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unlike the Tea Party I don't believe any one group or person is behind them. They are just not organized enough or have their act together to be backed by any organized group.

Of course the media is looking for the most sensational sound bite to put on the air.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #51
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 5707
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of these bozoooos

They do nothing but steal money out of my pocket, they move in, destoy a site, costs 100's of thousands to clean up after them and the taxpayer, the 99%ers are picking up the tab
Old 01-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #52
jelms
Sprinkles for ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
I'm not a fan of these bozoooos

They do nothing but steal money out of my pocket, they move in, destoy a site, costs 100's of thousands to clean up after them and the taxpayer, the 99%ers are picking up the tab
I have no problem with your view Jeff, and can understand where you are coming from.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #53
ViperJeff
Registry Administrator

Registry ID#:: VTR-0505
Viper Power: 5707
ViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond reputeViperJeff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelms View Post
I have no problem with your view Jeff, and can understand where you are coming from.
I've seen some of the bills and read the reports of the mess they've left, it's truely disgusting
Old 01-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #54
VIPR PWR
Registry Member
Viper Truck Owner

Registry ID#:: VTR-0035
Viper Power: 3010
VIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post

They needed help from the Hippies of the 60's ....