Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum

Go Back   Viper Truck Registry & Research Forum > Archive > Off Topic > Lounge

Lounge Off Topic discussion

Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #16
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Viper Power: 3855
Django has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond repute

John, where did you grow up?

"A man's only as good as his word."

"Grow the fuck up and learn t' Love, for Christ's sake"

Tim
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #17
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Django has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond reputeDjango has a reputation beyond repute

This is pure Richie Havens...... a huge heart with a voice to match.

Great and unique style of guitar, too......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5rJmo475aE

Tim
Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #18
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Here's a free hit of acid for everyone....

'Specially you, John.

God bless the memory of His gift to us all... Richie Havens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-jJ4nIclpc

Tim

Last edited by Django; 04-25-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #19
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Viper Power: 3373
Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django View Post
John, where did you grow up?
The jungle and then the zoo.

Actually I had a strange childhood. Dad was in construction at that time and jobs were plentiful. He was also one hell of a good equipment operator and was well known with the bigger construction companies, so finding a job was not hard.

We moved a lot in the Pacific Northwest area. And by a lot, I mean a lot. I went to 11 differnent schools in the first grade. Hit one twice, and in one I was only there for half a day. While it did get better as I got older, for the most part we were not stable.

Actually I might have been better off in the jungle and then the zoo.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #20
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Thanks for the brief bio..........

It didn't reveal much about your love for music..... But .......

Tim
Old 04-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #21
Silverback
Registry Contributer

Viper Power: 3373
Silverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond reputeSilverback has a reputation beyond repute

You asked where I lived.

I have absolutely no artistic ability. I appreciate those that do, but I have none.

But I can visualise structures in my mind and put them on paper. I can look at someone's design and tell within minutes if it will work or not. Or if it's even buildable.

I can't spell worth shit, but at one time I could do simple calc. in my head.

Everyone has different talents and abilities. You had the talent to entertain and provide pleasure to people. I had the ability to take that 200HP engine and up it to 500HP.

Is that better?
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #22
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
You asked where I lived.

I have absolutely no artistic ability. I appreciate those that do, but I have none.

But I can visualise structures in my mind and put them on paper. I can look at someone's design and tell within minutes if it will work or not. Or if it's even buildable.

I can't spell worth shit, but at one time I could do simple calc. in my head.

Everyone has different talents and abilities. You had the talent to entertain and provide pleasure to people. I had the ability to take that 200HP engine and up it to 500HP.

Is that better?
Yeah, that was awesome.

I learned a lot.

I thought calculus was a harden dental deposit.

I'm decent with doing simple math in my head, but when even rudimentary algebraic symbols appear before me, they do not fkn compute.

Yet, I'm fine with musical math...

Guys like you keep 747's in the air.

All I do is play guitar n stuff.

My Dad (Tony) was an airplane mechanic in WWII. Then from common drafting thru design engineering, eventually designing some stuff that went to space. I think it was in the area of computer component packaging.

Pop's passion was for mechanical drawing. Although I never got to see much of it, but Mom said that his work was "jaw dropping....masterful". Mom said they were some of the most beautiful drawings she'd ever seen. Mom was a commercial artist herself and a damn fine painter.

That is the one solitary compliment I ever heard her paid the old man.

Tim
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #23
Includemeout
Super Moderator
2012 Viper Truck of The Month
Viper Truck Owner

Viper Power: 2619
Includemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond reputeIncludemeout has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Who?

Please remember that music means nothing to me.

Sorry.
Beating around the bush won't help Dad
Includemeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #24
Django
Profanology/Ethics/Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Includemeout View Post
Beating around the bush won't help Dad
Did you enjoy Richie Havens music, Jerry.

Tim