View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
VIPR PWR
Senior

Registry ID#:: VTR-0035
Viper Power: 3324
VIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond reputeVIPR PWR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucke77 View Post
I've never had a caliper lock up or have had a power steering leak. There's a time when all parts will fail. I personaly dont see the need for a recall on any of these items. These trucks are now getting to be 8 years old.
Both of these problems have been happening for years on many trucks ... I feel that they need to recall due to being a safety hazard that can lead to accidents.
I bought rebuild kits for my calipers over 3 years ago and have not installed them due to the problem being intermittent ... One side at a time locks up and makes the wheel and tire so hot you can't even touch them .. Smoke starts to roll from the brakes before you even know it is happening. It makes me wonder what the real damage is .. Calipers , rotors grease in the hubs, heat stressing the metal in all those areas ... The reason I have not rebuilt them is because after it cools down the brakes start working fine for who knows how long. but it happens again , this time on the opposite side. Then it is fine for another who knows how long maybe 6 months , a year and it repeats again ...This is a problem . I have never seen this happen on any other Vehicle ever !
The power steering hose are in my opinion and many others a defect from the factory, They all tend to leak in the same area . Safety concerns are that there will be a lose of steering and possibly control of the truck ... Yeah I see a need for a recall before someone gets hurt or killed . If it hasn't already been the reason for some of these trucks being wrecked.