Viper Registry / Viper Truck Registry

Viper Registry / Viper Truck Registry (http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Registry - Status Update (http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15978)

ViperJeff 08-19-2014 07:53 AM

Re: Registry - Status Update

Had another very good day. maybe 10-12 more days and all the core data will be available in one form or another. Have some interesting breakouts planned for the Vipers. Nothing really exciting planned for the Viper trucks as there were no cool options some had and others did not... no the tonneau doesn't count.

Vj

ViperJeff 08-19-2014 01:27 PM

So as I sit here and type at myself .... does that make me crazy?

On a lighter note, while going through the lists I've been posting up... I was wondering if I should also do competition group, aero group and some of the other small feature items that make Vipers uniquely different from each other?

Hmmmmmmm

Guess we will see
Vj

ViperJeff 08-19-2014 10:46 PM

More bad news from the doc... damn... I'm falling apart...

So I didn't do anything today. Might have to take some time off

Sorry folks

Vj

TheOl 55 08-20-2014 06:34 AM

We are ALL falling apart, just hope your not doing it any faster than the rest of us...

ViperJeff 08-20-2014 10:06 AM

To many mistakes for too long....

For me, just another thing in my life to triumph over

Vj

Silverback 08-20-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperJeff (Post 60848)
More bad news from the doc... damn... I'm falling apart...

So I didn't do anything today. Might have to take some time off

Sorry folks

Vj

Come on kid. Spill the beans.

Don't leave us hanging like this.

ViperJeff 08-21-2014 08:11 AM

Felt like crap yesterday, however, still go a few things done. Back at work, it's going to be a rough day. just can't maintain a thought..... Could just be my attention deficit in overdrive, I don't know.

2004 will be tackled today, trying to decide if I want to do the Viper Trucks first or the Vipers

Lets take a poll!!!

Results

Vipers................. 0

Viper Trucks........ 0

Don't Care........... 0

Alrighty Then, I'll surprise you

Vj

Silverback 08-21-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperJeff (Post 60885)
Felt like crap yesterday, however, still go a few things done. Back at work, it's going to be a rough day. just can't maintain a thought..... Could just be my attention deficit in overdrive, I don't know.

2004 will be tackled today, trying to decide if I want to do the Viper Trucks first or the Vipers

Lets take a poll!!!

Results

Vipers................. 0

Viper Trucks........ 0

Don't Care........... 0

Alrighty Then, I'll surprise you

Vj

That looked like the Democratic vote to me.

ViperJeff 08-21-2014 02:59 PM

I used a firm out of Chicago.

TheOl 55 08-21-2014 05:47 PM

And made it out alive, I'll be damned!

ViperJeff 08-21-2014 06:24 PM

I took Snake Plissken with me, easy in, hell of a ride out

TheOl 55 08-22-2014 06:40 AM

You can always count on Snake!

ViperJeff 08-22-2014 08:07 AM

Got the 2004 Vipers done last night, will be working on the 2004 Viper Trucks tonight. I was asked over on the VCA if I had a Canadian breakout for the 2014 Viper MY as of yet. I don't. Still haven't finished the research. I thought I might spend some time this weekend to see if I could button up the 2014 Viper MY and decided..... probably not. I'll get to it, however, it's a week or so away

Good-Day!
Vj

ViperJeff 08-23-2014 08:36 AM

Big Chunk done yesterday...... and the work continues

ViperJeff 08-25-2014 07:55 AM

Got a great deal done over the weekend. Should get the final year of the Viper trucks done today. Then only a few more years of the Vipers and the basics are posted.

ViperJeff 08-25-2014 06:26 PM

You know..... today I'm not going to do shit!!!!

Being a little selfish today and I'm a bit annoyed. In fact, so pissed......... can you say password

Silverback 08-26-2014 05:34 AM

Fuck off kid.

ViperJeff 08-26-2014 07:49 AM

Thank You Dad. I was thinking of you with this change. You won't have to sift through all the registry posts just to get to the fun

Sling some shit today... I know I will

Vj

ViperJeff 08-26-2014 07:55 AM

Currently working on the structure and permissions. Hopefully this won't take to long

ViperJeff 08-26-2014 12:52 PM

OK....

The initial testing is complete and sections will start to be opened up to those that obtain research access by purchasing "Viper Registry Research Access". This is found under UserCP/Paid Subscriptions. All the lists and breakdowns will be found in these area's. Along with that, the Wiki's I've decided for the 7th time are just too much work and drains my day of quality time to be spent with Family and Friends, so those will be going away too. Just going to turn them off.

I've been trying to give this data away for years. First the Vipers of The World. Nothing really materialized there. I also have been giving it away for years on the Viper Truck Club of America. Seems there I mostly post to myself with the occasional smart ass remark. I also tried to give it away on the Viper Club of America, I have had nothing but good communication with the VCA, just not a lot of follow thru. Greg (Nsain1) was/is very occomidating, however, they just can't figure out a way to make it work. Shame really, some really good folks there. The Viper Owners Association is... well....... The management hates the very idea that a registry is even a possibility. So with no one to give it away too, it's just time to go a completely different direction.

I will still help people with build numbers for the Viper Trucks, I think that's a pretty cool thing to know. Registering will still be free and the few things like dash plaques and certificates will still be available. Not even sure how to help the viper community with the minor issues, guess we will cross all those bridges as they happen

Anywho, the data is still there and more will be added. I'm sure in the coming years as information continues to disappear, hopefully the data will still be here.

Have a Great Day

Let the forum mod-ing continue!!!
Vj

ViperJeff 08-26-2014 12:56 PM

Oh and Rick and Andy. You should now be able to see and access the research area's under the Viper Registry and Viper Truck Registry. If not, let me know.

Vj

VPRPWRD 08-26-2014 01:46 PM

I will check that right now.

VPRPWRD 08-26-2014 01:47 PM

says it requires a password

ViperJeff 08-26-2014 02:02 PM

it shouldn't, password has been removed. Hit F5 so it reloads the page or... you might have to log out and log back in.

My guess is your not in the area identified, you've went down towards the bottom to:
Viper & Viper Build Info - Research Access Only
Viper Trucks - Research Access Only
Vipers - Research Access Only

These area's are not open yet, just the two at the very top:

VR Registered - Research Access Only (331/349)
VTR Registered - Research Access Only (431/523)

Vj

ViperJeff 08-26-2014 07:10 PM

OK...

Mr Andy.. Mr Rick

You should be able to get to all the basic research area's and not the level II area's

TheOl 55 08-27-2014 06:25 AM

I went for a walk in the research area and can open everything I touched except the level II just as you said.

VPRPWRD 08-27-2014 07:00 AM

Yes, I have the access now!! :D Also let me know if you need any more info since I am back at a Chrysler dealer now I can get more of that.

ViperJeff 08-27-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPRPWRD (Post 61023)
Yes, I have the access now!! :D Also let me know if you need any more info since I am back at a Chrysler dealer now I can get more of that.

OK.... question????

With the Viper's, ie Vooodoo, does your computer tell you what Vin is X of 31?

http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/s...hlight=vooodoo

For that matter, any of the numbered Vipers VOI 9, VOI 10, Mamba, etc

Jeff

ViperJeff 08-27-2014 12:47 PM

All those extra passwords have been should all be removed now. If you get one of those, just let me know.

VPRPWRD 08-28-2014 05:38 AM

No, my system does not tell me the number. When I ran the warranty history on the yellow fever, CE and VCA trucks that info was not present.

ViperJeff 08-28-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPRPWRD (Post 61107)
No, my system does not tell me the number. When I ran the warranty history on the yellow fever, CE and VCA trucks that info was not present.

I didn't think so, but is was worth the question. Right now I'm working on build dates for the Vipers, is what sucks.... I know, I'll never get them all.

Still have some minor things to do as far as the structure, format and permissions. That should be done by the end of the weekend. Will continue to add the Vipers to the site til it's done. I figure that will take me through the end of the year.

Above and beyond that is to convert all the Vipers\Viper Trucks in the research area over to the Registered area. That is another item I know I will never finish, however, it will be fun trying.

Have a Great Day
Vj

VPRPWRD 08-28-2014 10:06 AM

if you want to you can send me vins that you don't have build dates for and I can look them up.

ViperJeff 08-28-2014 10:08 AM

You need the full VIN or just the last eight?

VPRPWRD 08-28-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperJeff (Post 61110)
You need the full VIN or just the last eight?

last 8 is good enough

ViperJeff 08-28-2014 02:50 PM

In that case, here is the first list

http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16027 1-500
http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16028 500-1055

You can see that some of them already have a DOB. The Vipers all have lists like this 1992 (which is done) all the way through 2006. I should finish posting these lists up through 2014 in the next couple of days. So as you have time..

The third column {Owner} is the last eight of the VIN. As you know, the VIN is removed when Registered. The sixth column is the Build date {DOB}. Should be easy to copy into an excel worksheet. As you browse, you will see everything. The full VIN's are mostly kept under the level II area's. No rush, do what you can (I appreciate it). Questions, please ask

Vj

ViperJeff 08-28-2014 02:59 PM

The other option is I can create an area were I just post lists of 25-50 VIN's or so and you can work from that. The little lists are easier for me, just not so overwhelming in size as I know my day just doesn't allow for me to just sit there are type and research... other responsibilities during the day

Let me know

Vj

VPRPWRD 08-29-2014 05:34 AM

I'll start today, if I have any questions I will let you know.

ViperJeff 08-29-2014 07:52 AM

Thank You Sir

ViperJeff 08-29-2014 08:11 AM

Didn't get a great deal done last night. ran into an issue building a list for the 2007 Vipers.....

Couldn't find a one!!! LOL

Venomous1 Racing 08-29-2014 08:55 AM

Great seeing you two helping each other!