Viper Registry / Viper Truck Registry

Viper Registry / Viper Truck Registry (http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Registry - Status Update (http://www.viperregistry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15978)

ViperJeff 08-29-2014 09:23 AM

Re: Registry - Status Update

Andy's been a tremendous help

ViperJeff 09-02-2014 08:21 AM

Worked all weekend.... at my other gig....

However, did get a few things done. Got a great deal more of the build info loaded up. Currently working on 2009. So that means, the Vipers 1992-2008 are done. Viper trucks 2004-2006 are done. Almost have all the Registered Vipers and Viper Trucks loaded up, with start adding the pictures in the next few days.

Got a Viper Girl Pic thread going for our favorite Ape in Charge.

Will also be working on a new "production page". A quick reference on numbers for all years. There is no time line for this.

Vj

Silverback 09-02-2014 03:16 PM

In charge?

What am I in charge of besides flinging shit?

ViperJeff 09-02-2014 03:58 PM

Haven't you heard.... Apes Rule the World

Silverback 09-02-2014 05:03 PM

Must have missed the memo.

In that case we need to kick that chimp we have in the White House out on his ass.

ViperJeff 09-02-2014 06:39 PM

Can I help?

Silverback 09-03-2014 02:55 PM

I just pray that the American people will not repeat what they did 6 years ago, but I'm scared that they will.

ViperJeff 09-03-2014 03:11 PM

hey, I hear Michelle Obama is going to run on the platform of 8 more years of the Obama Changing of America.... please kneel

Silverback 09-03-2014 04:50 PM

I'm lucky in that I have not been affected by the buffoons actions except for the value of my home.

A lot of people have really suffered.

ViperJeff 09-03-2014 09:21 PM

Don't worry.... the government will never notice

They created 278,000 new part time jobs

In other news 278,000 full time positions were eliminated bringing several companies back into the black after increases in minimum wage, retirement and health care costs

ViperJeff 09-04-2014 08:36 AM

Didn't really do anything yesterday. Was working at my new gig fine tuning all the mechanical pieces. I think I have all that figured out and have it firing on all cylinders (fingers in this case). Probably do the same tonight and see how much I can get done without having to correct mistakes.

The Registry will probably just be worked on the weekends at this point. It's slowly becoming less important in my life as I get better and excel with this new endeavor. I did get one new build number request done last night. Wooo-Hooooooo

If I'm lucky, I will get to 3000 Registered by the end of the year

Have a Great Day
Vj

ViperJeff 09-05-2014 07:52 AM

Sorry folks, didn't get anything done last night either. I did however have a very productive night. The winds are changing. With the new equipment and a few minor adjustments yesterday, I had my most productive day at my new gig. Damn, and I'm getting pretty good at it too.

The good news is, even though I'll be very busy for the foreseeable future, I'll still be able to keep up with the traffic here LOL :yaoface2: :rotflmao: :sunot:

This weekend, I should be able to finish off the Viper build info upload to the site. So yes.... It's not bad, not bad at all

Y'all Have a Great Day
Vj

ViperJeff 09-08-2014 08:43 AM

Only got a few things done on the 2009 Vipers over the weekend. Was having to much fun with the new gig.

The current project should be done this weekend and at that point I'll start to work on the registry again, so it's a few days off from entering data
Vj

ViperJeff 09-09-2014 07:52 AM

Took Monday off and spent it with family......

Silverback 09-09-2014 02:46 PM

Good for you kid.

ViperJeff 09-09-2014 03:57 PM

Today is Kira's (daughter) birthday....

Again, I will have more important things to do....

Caution... Delays imminent
Vj

ViperJeff 09-10-2014 08:52 AM

Well, I did get one 10 registered yesterday, so it wasn't a complete day off. I also got asked a question.

Is there a cost?

Very good question and should be covered again as it's been several years since this question has been asked. The Answer:

The Registry it's self is free and being part of it is completely a choice.
If you would like to purchase any of the few items we have, hopefully they are at a reasonable price
http://www.vipertruckregistry.com/VTR_Gear.html

Learning your build number (Viper Trucks).... again, a choice as I would need at least the last eight of the VIN to check my database. If It's a 2004, I still check with Dodge. Sorry Viper folks, there is no Official numbering system for the 30k Vipers out there unless you have one of the few numbered additions. By 2044 I should have all the build dates and might be able to give a best guess.

I have pondered requiring a Viper truck be registered before providing the build number, at this point, I'm not in favor of that thought. So there are no hidden hooks in trying to obtain data as I have what I have, the part I enjoy is putting a picture with a VIN. I just think it adds a great deal to the history.

Y'all have a wonderful day
Vj

Silverback 09-10-2014 03:23 PM

Happy Birthday Kira.

Be nice to your old dad. He's one fine gentlemen.

ViperJeff 09-10-2014 04:00 PM

Thanks Dad....

I'm blessed with some pretty damn good kids.....

ViperJeff 09-11-2014 08:13 AM

Before I add anything else, I'm looking to see how hard or if some additional BBCode can be added.... stay tuned

ViperJeff 09-11-2014 12:21 PM

I should say... before I add anymore build data, I'm looking for some additional abilities

ViperJeff 09-12-2014 12:09 PM

not much new, been working on some code that will help me post data in tables (if I can get the "Tables" BBCode up and running). Always working on a better way

Wifey 09-13-2014 01:02 PM

Happy Birthday to Kira!!! Sorry my wish is belated, :):party33:

ViperJeff 09-13-2014 11:44 PM

OK, we finished our latest project today, so it's back to updating all the lists

Yee-Haaaaa!

I know, I say that a lot, but some of these new changes will be better (I hope)
Vj

ViperJeff 09-14-2014 07:59 PM

Got quite a bit done today, not that anyone will venture over and look.

Wifey 09-14-2014 09:12 PM

ya never know who lurks within :happy3:

ViperJeff 09-14-2014 09:55 PM

nothing surprises me these days

ViperJeff 09-15-2014 08:14 AM

Working on all the new web pages that will contain the master lists for the data I've been collecting. using the message board just isn't the best way to display it. I looked into the BBCode and found some really good ways of displaying the data. is what I also found was a very good way to let hackers hack.....

So, I'm back to where I started years ago. I'm using web pages to display the individual sets of data. No more posting the data into threads. I mean seriously, no one comments anyway so I might as well put it in a format that is cleaner and it just sits there till some one needs the data. You will find when you follow the links a very limited clue of what the VIN might be (last 4 of the VIN). For earlier years, no big deal. For the later Gen IV's and Gen V's, with the different sequences you might see your last 4 listed more than once, so you better know a bit more about the Viper... like color!

Once I have all the pages built I will then work on the Menu to help locate what you need. As a temporary menu, I'm using a page here on the forum with the individual links. Sorry, no link here, as it's easily found. You will also notice that the only thing I have worked on is the Vipers. I will get to the trucks in time. I've created a process that builds the pages for me and then it's just copy past and FTP them to the web. I still need to build that process for the Viper trucks. It's not that the Vipers are more important, just the order it was done. This new program will let me update a page in less than 3 minutes, which is a plus.. for me, just being selfish here.

Probably won't add any pages today, will work on the programming to detail out some more data and work on the Viper truck side. Even though there is no timeline for the Viper Trucks, hopefully it will be in the mix sometime this week.

I wish you all well and have a great day
Vj

ViperJeff 09-17-2014 09:58 PM

2013 Viper master List has been updated with build information

ViperJeff 09-19-2014 07:58 AM

Got a little bit more of the formatting done last night and cleaned up the Menu page for the links. Got rid of all the indents, they were causing double spacing. Just didn't like it.

But then again... who noticed?

going to be a busy day, make it a good one

Cheers
Vj

ViperJeff 09-21-2014 09:20 PM

Lot more done today, just have to finish the 2010 Vipers and finish the research on the 2014's and we'll be current....

Then to add track packs, competition groups and interiors... fun

Then back to the trucks to add some additional info

ViperJeff 09-22-2014 09:36 AM

Probably won't get to much today. I will be setting up the new project on the loom

Vj

ViperJeff 09-23-2014 12:13 PM

Just learned I will be very busy tonight, so again no updates to the Registry and the Master Lists. I was really hoping to finish off the current breakdown of the 2010MY. Might not be till October I can get to the 2014MY

It's good to be busy, just slows things down a bit on the Registry/Master Lists

ViperJeff 09-24-2014 09:00 AM

Yep, not much done, worked all night on the new project. My part of the setup is done and now just waiting for my Daughter to do her part. She only has to tie 768 knots... fun!!!!

So I will probably get the 2010 Vipers done tonight and some of the final documenting of the 2014 Vipers done.

Once that is done, I will start working on some basic details for each year. I was going to continue building the web pages but have decided to hold off for a bit. (like anyone will notice). Also will be working on some basic details for the Viper trucks. haven't decided just how I will present that.

Each day it seems the plans change..... Guess it just comes down to what I feel like working on

Have a Great Day
Vj

ViperJeff 09-24-2014 09:25 PM

2010 Vipers have been updated

ViperJeff 09-25-2014 09:43 AM

Will be working fast and furious on the 2014 Vipers.

VPRPWRD 09-25-2014 11:13 AM

I was going to work on more build dates but work is out of hand right now.

ViperJeff 09-25-2014 12:13 PM

I know how that goes. No rush, I'll be here

TheOl 55 09-25-2014 05:44 PM

BS he's been celebrating his Birthday!

ViperJeff 09-25-2014 10:09 PM

Think I have all the 2014's that have been built, all 981 of them. Thought there would be at least 1100.