PDA

View Full Version : Build Numbers vs Registry Numbers

ViperJeff
08-25-2012, 05:48 PM
For starters, they have nothing to do with each other.

Viper Truck Registry Number

This is a number unique to the Viper Truck Registry to help track trucks without showing the VIN number to everyone on the planet. It is not tied to anything Dodge and has nothing to do with the Build Number of any Viper Truck (However, you give me the VTR and I can tell you the build number)

Build Numbers

The numbers are maintained by Dodge and I have a contact at Dodge that helps me learn these numbers. 2004 is the only year that Dodge Officially numbers the entire production year. The VCA's have both a VCA number 1-50 and a Production number 1-3057

The only 2005's that were Officially numbered by Dodge are the Yellow Fevers 1-500 (although only 497 may have been built) and Commemorative Editions 1-200 (may be 201 of them, oops!). The rest of the 2005's have been numbered based on build date and VIN.

Only the Night Runners were numbered by Dodge 1-400. The rest of the 2006's have been numbered based on build date and VIN.

Build Dates

Simple, it's you the VIN tag of the Drivers door on the lower left. It's the MDH (Month Day Year). Use the Date of MFR to determine the year